CEA-2006 Power Ratings
- CEA-2006 Power Rating: 100W RMS x 4 + 500W RMS x 1 (4-ohm/2-ohm, 14.4V at <1% THD+N)
Max Power Output Ratings
RMS Power Ratings
- Per channel into 4 Ohms: 100W RMS x 4 + 500W RMS (4-ohm, 14.4V <1%THD+N)
- Per channel into 2 Ohms: 100W RMS x 4 + 500W RMS (2-ohm, 14.4V <1%THD+N)
- Bridged 4 Ohms: 200W RMS x 2 (4-ohm, 14.4V <1%THD+N)
Meet the New Amp Benchmark
The new Alpine PDX Series amplifiers are completely re-engineered for performance, sound quality, and reliability. The PDX series are for the true car audio
Alpine CES Worthy Mention">
The Alpine PDX Series is a recipient of the 2010 CES Innovations honors award. Every year at the world’s largest consumer technology tradeshow, the Consumer Electronics Show (CES), the Innovations Designs and Engineering Awards program recognizes the most innovative consumer electronics products, such as the PDX Series for the In-Vehicle Audio category.
New Reference Grade Output Stage
Ultra-Wide Frequency Response
This super-wide, industry leading frequency range offers listeners unparallel sound quality and detail that bests even the most high-end audiophile equipment. 5Hz-100kHz for 4ch, 5Hz-400Hz for Mono (+0,-3dB), and 3Hz~100kHz (+0dB, -3dB), Mono: 3Hz~600Hz (+0dB, -3dB) for 5ch.
Alpine Ultra-Wide Frequency Response">
Total Harmonic Distortion(THD+N) vs. Power
The all-new PDX series amplifiers are not your typical class-D amplifiers. Traditionally, class-D amplifiers have not been known for both low distortion and wide frequency response. These new PDX amplifiers are the first ever class-D amplifiers to break tradition and trump the amps of yesterday. The PDX-M12, PDX-M6, PDX-F6, PDX-F4, and PDX-V9 are synonymous with extremely high resolution and detail.
Alpine Total Harmonic Distortion vs Power">
Total Harmonic Distortion(THD+N) vs. Frequency
Uniquely PDX, distortion actually decreases at higher frequencies, resulting in a clean and clear signal where your ear is most sensitive to distortion. -<0.005% THD+N @ 1W, <0.05% THD+N @ rated power.
Alpine Total Harmonic Distortion vs Frequency">
Signal to Noise
These amps are capable of unheard of S/N ratios up to 95dB S/N @ 1W, 122dB S/N at rated power for extremely clean, uncolored sound. Forget unwanted background noise or static. The PDX amps deliver crystal clear music every time.
With ultra-low output impedance, the new PDX offers extremely controlled, tight bass for unprecedented sound quality. Ratings are >500 for 4ch and >1000 for the sub.
Power Output to the Extreme
Alpine Power Output">
Beefed up Power
The PDX power supply delivers tremendous headroom with low distortion and noise. PDX amplifiers have an extremely high total system efficiency of ~80% (power supply is rated at >90%, output stage is rated >90%).
Low Impedance Stability
These amps are stable at low impedances and are capable of their rated power from 2 to 4 ohms for all models. This allows excellent flexibility with multiple speaker and subwoofer loads and is adjusted automatically.
Alpine Low Impedance Stability">
Certified Power From Birth, Guaranteed.
Each PDX amplifier comes with its very own birth-sheet. PDX amplifiers are tested and documented to show their true actual output.
Alpine Certified Power ">
Power Management Processor
PDX amps incorporate Alpine’s new Power Management circuit. The Power Management Processor controls all aspects of amplifier performance, monitoring voltage, temperature and output to ensure uninterrupted power output for non-stop listening.
Alpine Power Management Processor">
If the amp gets too hot, the Thermal Protection circuit kicks in and gradually decreases output power until it cools down. Once cool, the power output automatically increases back to the previous level. If the circuit detects a Low Battery condition, it will gradually decrease power output if battery voltage becomes too low. Once the battery voltage increases, power will be restored. This interruption-free design allows for non-stop enjoyment with no hiccups or drop-outs, just clean, clear output.
Alpine Power Management Processor vs Comp">
Unique Stacking System
The new PDX series amplifiers are 20% thinner than previous models at only 2” thick. New stacking system packs the amps closer together so there are no gaps and to save space in the trunk while directly coupling the amps heatsinks to help share cooling duties.
Alpine Unique Stacking System">
The super high power speaker connectors allow for up to 8GA wiring and have a unique quick disconnect design for simple error-free installation.
Alpine PDX-V9 Speaker terminals">
Alpine PDX-V9 Power Connector">
The new removable connector features a low-loss, high-current design. It accepts up to 4GA wire, to ensure your amp gets the power it needs while allowing for easy installation.
Alpine Remote Control Bass Knob RUX-KNOB">
Remote Control Bass Knob (RUX-KNOB)
Simply add the RUX-KNOB (sold separately),and get full control from the dash for remote on-the-fly bass adjustments. You also have the ability to control multiple amps from just one controller with simple telephone cord adapters.
A Touch of Personalization
PDX amplifiers come with removable trim rings, allowing them to be easily custom painted to match your vehicle or personalized to anything you want. Add it as another Do-It-Yourself project, or leave it to professionals and ask an Authorized Alpine retailer/installer near you.
Alpine A Touch of Personalization">
Features and Specification
- Crossover Frequency (CH1/2, HPF): 30 - 600 Hz (x1), 300 - 6k Hz (x10), -12 dB/oct.
- Crossover Frequency (CH3/4, HPF): 30 - 600 Hz (x1), -12 dB/oct.
- Crossover Frequency (CH3/4, BPF): 30 - 600 Hz (HPF), 300 - 6k Hz (LPF), -12 dB/oct.
- Crossover Frequency (Subwoofer): 50 - 600 Hz, -24 dB/oct.
- Subsonic Filter: 3 - 30 Hz, -24 dB/oct.
- Foot Print (WxHxD) mm: 257 x 50.8 x 192 mm
- Foot Print (WxHxD) in: 10-1/8'' x 2'' x 7-1/2''
- Power Requirements: 14.4 V.DC (11-16 V allowable)
- Input Sensitivity (RCA Input): 0.2 - 4 V (CH1/2, CH3/4), 0.1 - 4 V (Subwoofer)
- Input Impedance: >10k ohms
- Frequency Response (+0, -3dB: 1W into 4 Ohms) for CH-1/2/3/4: 3 - 100k Hz
- Frequency Response (+0, -3dB: 1W into 4 Ohms) for Subwoofer: 3 - 600 Hz
- THD+N (10W into 4 Ohms) for CH-1/2/3/4: <0.005 %
- THD+N (10W into 4 Ohms) for Subwoofer: <0.006 %
- THD+N (Rated Power into 4 Ohms) for CH-1/2/3/4: <0.03 %
- THD+N (Rated Power into 4 Ohms) for Subwoofer: <0.05 %
- Damping Factor for CH-1/2/3/4: >500 into 4 ohms at 100Hz
- Damping Factor for Subwoofer: >1000 into 4 ohms at 100Hz
- Signal to Noise (Rated Power into 4 Ohms) for CH-1/2/3/4: 112 dB
- Signal to Noise (Rated Power into 4 Ohms) for Subwoofer: 119 dB
- Weight: 2.7 kg
- Connectors: Quick Connect Terminals for Power Supply and Speaker Output
- Terminal Layout: One-Sided
- Mounting Design: Easy Stacking and Smart Installation
- Amplifier Type: Class-D (Digital)
- Channel Design: 4-channel + 1-channel (Mono)
- Power Supply Design: DC-DC PWM Power Supply
- Pre-Amp Stage: Discreat
- Final Outputs: MOSFET
- Crossover: Variable High Pass, Low Pass and Band Pass Filter
- Gain Control: Continuously Adjustable Gain Control
- Subsonic Filter: Variable Subsonic Filter
- Bass Control: Remote Bass Control (RUX-KNOB) Ready
- Low-battery Protection: Low-battery Protection
- Low-impedance Possibility: Low-impedance Possibility
- Current Protection: Over-Current, Over-Voltage and Thermal Protection
- Board Circuitry: S.T.A.R. Circuit
- Board Design: 6-layer Glass Epoxy PC Board
- Power Indicator: Top Mounted LED Power/Status Indicator
- Input Channel Mode Setting (CH1/2 & CH3/4): Input Channel Mode Setting (CH1/2 & CH3/4)
- Input Channel Mode Setting (Subwoofer): Input Channel Mode Setting (Subwoofer)
- Thermal Control: Thermal Management Control